1. I'm now writing on behalf of the classmates to invite you to come and attend it, if you can spare the time.
2. I sincerely invite you to watch the show because…
3. You can reach me through my phone number 4476655 at your convenience.
1. 时间：周五晚 8 点至 9 点
We're throwing a surprise party for Xiaoming’s birthday.
As scheduled, all the classmates in our class will gather at the Students' Centre at 8 pm this Friday evening to celebrate Xiaoming's birthday. We would feel much honored if you could come and enjoy it, which is to finish at 9, lasting an hour.
As the party starts, we will light the candles and sing "Happy Birthday" for him. Then the birthday cake will be presented and cut for all of us to enjoy, following which we'll sing songs and play some small games. What's more, as a surprise, we'll all prepare some secret birthday gifts for him, and it'll be great to see how surprised he will be seeing the gifts. As it's a surprise party, he will know nothing about it beforehand, and we do hope that you could manage to attend it.
Looking forward to your coming.
1. I am writing to ask for more information about it.
2. There are some pieces of information that I'd like to share with you.
3. The most significant thing you should keep in mind is that…
ENJOY A RELAXING STUDY BREAK
IN BEAUTIFUL LANCASTER
LANGUAGE CENTRE AND COLLEGE OF ARTS
UNIVERSITY OF LANCASTER
Languages * English * French * Spanish
Arts * Politics * Sociology * History
3wk, 6wk and 12wk courses
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am a student in China and I plan to go to Britain to attend a summer school during the vacation. I've seen your ad, and I'd like to know something more about your six-week English courses.
First, when will the course start and how many Class hours are there per week? Besides, I wish there would not be too many students in a class. I'd also like to know how much I have to pay for the course and whether accommodation is included.
Would there be host family or university dormitory?
I am looking forward to your early reply.
1. I would be very grateful if you could…
2. I would appreciate it if you could offer me a hand.
3. Thanks for your kind consideration and I look forward to receiving your earliest reply.
4. If you need further information, do let me know.
假定你是李华。请你给笔友 Peter 写封信，告诉他你叔叔李明将去他所在城市开会，带去他想要的那幅中国画，同时询问他是否可以接机。信中还需说明：
How are you doing？I'm writing to tell you that my uncle LiMing is going to have a meeting in your city. Do you remember the Chinese painting I promised you last year? My uncle will bring it to you soon. I hope you will like it.
I wonder if you could do me a favor. This is the first time that my uncle visits the US, so I hope you can meet him at the airport. He arrives at 11 ：30 a.m on August 6th and his flight number is CA 985. I would appreciate it if you could take him to his hotel. My uncle is tall. He will be wearing dark glasses and a blue jacket.
Looking forward to your reply.
1. I sincerely hope that my application could be favorably considered.
2. The ad is really very appealing to me, so I'm now writing to you in the hope of filling in the job vacancy.
3. I really want to obtain this precious opportunity because…
假定你是李华，从互联网 (the Internet) 上得知一个国际中学生组织将在新加坡 (Singapore) 举办夏令营，欢迎各国学生参加。请写一封电子邮件申请参加。
Dear Sir or Madam
The other day I happened to read your advertisement on the Internet, saying that you are holding a summer camp aimed at students from around the world, and I'm interested to participate in it.
I'm Li Hua, a middle school student in China. As a teenager, I'm interested in making friends with kids of my age from around the world. Your camp will provide a good chance for me to know a lot about other countries and tell them something about China. What's more, I can improve my English, communicating with people from other countries.
I do hope that I can be lucky enough to be admitted to your camp.
Looking forward to your reply.
1. Almost perfect as it is, it should make more improvement in some area.
2. And I've found that my problem lies chiefly in two aspects. For one thing, … For another thing, …
我发现我的问题主要在于两个方面。一方面，…... 另一方面， …...
3. I believe that, with the joint efforts of both teachers and students, our school will become a more enjoyable place in the near future.
假定你是李华，你所喜爱的 Global Mirror 周报正值创刊五周年之际征集读者意见。请你依据以下内容给主编写封信，内容主要包括：
Congratulations on the 5th anniversary of Global Mirror！
I’m a regular reader of your newspaper. I like it very much mainly for the following two reasons. First, it covers both national and international news so that, by simply turning the pages, I can learn all important things that have happened during the week. Equally attractive are the success stories of world-famous people, which help me understand how a person can work hard to make the world a better place.
As a young student, I suggest that Global Mirror carry articles to guide us in our English learning, and I hope that it will become even more popular.
1. I'm writing this letter to express my sincere gratitude to you for teaching me the English song.
2. Without your help, the performance couldn't have been that successful.
3. I'd like to express my thanks for your hospitality and kindness when | was in America.
4. In addition, what has impressed me most is…
假定你是李华，从小喜爱大熊猫 (panda)，一直通过有关网站 (website)关注三年前在美国圣地亚哥动物园出生的大熊猫“苏琳”和她的母亲“白云”。现在苏琳即将三岁。请根据以下要点给动物园工作人员写一封信：
Greetings from China!
This is Li Hua, a student in China，I've been fond of pandas since my childhood. Since three years ago, when the panda Baiyun gave birth to a baby panda Sulin, I have been visiting your website to keep myself informed about how things are going for them. If Iremember clearly, she will turn three soon. I want to say happy birthday to her and express my thanks to you for your hard work, with which she has been brought up and has been living happily with her parents in the US.
By the way, I wonder if I could have a photo taken of Sulin on her third birthday. Thank you very much in advance.
1. Taking into account all three factors above, I request that the company should have a change of it for me as soon as possible.
2. But we are regretful to find that it cannot work normally.
3. Your prompt attention and early reply will be appreciated.
4. I am waiting for a reasonable explanation and expecting an early reply.
I feel sorry to trouble you but I am afraid that I have to make a complaint.
Yesterday I bought an electric fan in your shop, but when I got home and turned it on, it didn't work. So I took it back and talked to the assistant about the problem. To my surprise, instead of helping me solve the problem, the man, in a rude manner, refused to examine it.
Generally, your shop is well-known for good service and that is why I bought the electric fan in your shop. I was really upset to find that such a thing should have occurred in your shop.
I am waiting for a reasonable explanation and expecting an early reply.
1. I feel terribly sorry for missing the chance of answering your letter in time.
2. Anyhow, I sincerely hope that we can fix another time for...
3. I'm awfully sorry for the sudden change of plan feel it a great pity to miss the opportunity.
I I'm terribly sorry I couldn't reply to your email which you sent me a week ago immediately. I was so occupied with the final exams.
As for the coming summer holiday, I will first do a part time job in a fast-food restaurant. Not only will I earn some money but I will also gain some social experience through it. And then | will go on a trip to Sichuan, where there are a great number of places of interest. Finally, go to Ya'an to work as a volunteer. There is no doubt that children there are badly in need of help. I hope what I will do will make a great difference to them.
某英文报社组织了题为“我喜欢的英语谚语 " 征文活动，你有意参加。请从下面两句谚语中任选一句作为标题写一篇英语作文，内容须包括：
a) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
b) Where there's a will, there‘s a way.
A Friend in Need Is a Friend Indeed
A life without friends is a life without sunshine! Friends try their best to help you without thinking of what they can get from it.
Once I doubted the usefulness of study, losing my interests and direction, even confidence. Finally, I decided to stop studying. After knowing the news, my friend encouraged me patiently. She insisted on persuading me until I promised to give up this thought.
Later, I made up my mind to study hard so as to enter my dream university.
Many people will be in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. True friends always come to you when you need help.
Where There's a Will, There's a way
Among all the instructive proverbs, the one I like most is "Where there is a way, there is a way", which tells us that we should stick to our dreams.
For me the saying has special meaning. When I was in Junior Middle School , I was so poor in my studies that I nearly gave up. But my head-teacher was always there and give me confidence every time I lost heart. He used to say, "A little more effort and you will make it”Thanks to my dearest teacher, all my efforts paid off and finally I became a top student.
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. As long as you keep trying, you'll make it.
1. With the economy developing rapidly, I'm glad to see our city is taking on a new look.
2. Over the past twenty years or so, great changes have taken place in our life.
3. Tired as I was, I never felt so happy.
I often imagine what my life will be like in the future. I would like to give a general picture of my future life in ten years.
First of all, I will have a warm family where family members will love each other and care about each other. As for me, since being a teacher is my dream, I'm sure that this dream will come true then. I wish to teach foreign students traditional Chinese culture in a college at that time and I will certainly introduce China to the world. Time permitting，I expect to have more spare time to spend with my friends so that we can have a better relationship.
Such will be my future life, the one I have been dreaming of.
1. As the saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. 俗话有说，入乡随俗。
2. It takes over ten experts and professors four years to finish this dictionary.
假设你是晨光中学高二（ 1 ）班的班长李华，得知美国学生 Chris 作为交换生，下学期将到你班学习。请你根据以下提示，给他写封邮件：
参考词汇：交换生 exchange student
I'm Li Hua, the monitor of Class One Grade Eleven.
I ' m very excited about your coming to our school next term as an exchange student.
Firstly, I'd like to tell you about the weather in my city, which is often windy and cold in winter. So you should bring your warm clothes. Secondly, would you mind eating noodles? Because people here mainly live on wheat flour. However, don't worry about it. You will have no difficulty in finding western food. Thirdly, I want to introduce our class to you. The teachers in our school are not only experienced and knowledgeable, but also patient and understanding. Everyone in my class is active. I hope you will soon become a member of our Class.
l'm looking forward to your coming.
1. Today I am very glad to have the chance to run for the vice president of the English Club.
2. It was with sincerity and faithfulness that we created a harmonious atmosphere.
3. I am sure that with your great efforts, you will enjoy a colorful and fruitful life here.
参考词汇：副主席 vice president 竞选 run for
Good afternoon, my dear friends.
My name is Li Hua. Today I am very glad to have the chance to run for the vice president of the English Club. I feel qualified to take the job. Not only have I gained a lot of experience from my job as monitor but I am also good at organizing activities.
Looking in the future, I will try my best to assist the president and serve my fellow students if I am lucky enough to be the vice president. For one thing, I will organize some campus activities, like "English Evening", a platform where students can show their English. For another, I will organize more activities to enhance the interschool communication.
I sincerely hope YO u will give me a chance.
1. The street is to the south of Tian'anmen Square.
2. It can date back to six hundred years and has a length of about 800 metres，along which lie 300 shops.
3. It's a small flat of 25 square meters, with a bedroom a bathroom and a kitchen.
4. The city stands on the bank of the Changjiang River.
假定你是李华，你的美国朋友 Sarah 打算暑期来北京旅游，来信询问改建后前门大街的情况。请你写封回信，简单介绍以下内容：
1. 简况：长 800 余米、 600 多年历史、 300 余家商铺；
3. 交通：公共汽车 17 、 69 、 59 等路，地铁2号线；
参考词汇：步行街 pedestrian street 当当车 trolley car 地铁 subway
Thank you for your letter asking about the rebuilt of Qianmen Street. Here is something about it. Qianen Street is a famous street of over 600 years old. Along this 800-metre street, there are more than 300 shops.
As the street is in the center of Beijing, just to the south of Tian'anmen Square, it's very convenient to get there by bus. You may take buses NO. 11, 69 or 59！Subway Line 2 has a stop there too. Qianmen Street is a pedestrian street, but there are trolley cars to take you not only to the shops, but also to the theaters and teahouses where you can experience a truly Chinese way of life. I'm sure you'll like it.
1. The following are our preliminary arrangements for your review and comments.
2. Please feedback whether you're satisfied with this schedule, and we will make some changes if necessary.
3. If there is anything I can do for you, I would be more than glad to help.
假设你是李华，加拿大一所学校将于今年暑假组织学生来你校访问。其间， Andy smith 将借住你家。请你代表全家写信给 Andy ，欢迎他的到来，并告知有关事宜。信的要点如下：
I am glad to learn that you are coming to China and will stay at my home. My parents and I are very pleased to have you with us. Now let me tell you what we have arranged for you.
I know the school will organize a lot of things for you to do in the morning, but in the afternoon show you around and take you to some places of interest. We'll mostly stay at home in the evening watching TV, playing games, and meeting people.
I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time and enjoy each other's company. l'm looking forward very much to meeting you soon.
1. Recently, a survey has been done to find out …
2. One thousand senior middle school students from ten schools in HuBei Province were interviewed.
3. The survey shows that more than half of the students like to read news most.
4. The survey shows that half of the girls choose..., while 48 ％ of the boys …
5. In order to celebrate the 90th birthday of our Party and enrich our lives, our school has organized a patriotic song concert recently.
受某英文报的委托，你最近对高中生的英语阅读兴趣做了一次调查。请根据以下信息，用英语为该报写一篇 100 词左右的短文。短文的标题及首句己为你写好。
调查范围：湖北省的 10 所中学
Reading Interests of Senior Middle School Students
Recently, a survey has been on to find out the reading interests of senior middle school students.
ln this survey, one thousand senior middle school students from ten schools in Hubei Province were interviewd. They were asked which they liked reading most among the four categories of English articles: news, stories, popular science articles and articles about learning methods.
The survey shows that more than half of the students like to read news most. Twenty-six percent of the students say that English stories are their favorite. Only seven percent of the students are most interested in reading articles about learning methods. However, the number of the students who enjoy reading popular science articles doubles that of those who prefer reading articles about learning methods.
1. Our school is looking for a native speaker of English to …
2. If you are interested in the job information, please reply to me as soon as possible.
3. You can also write to email@example.com to inform me.
你也可以发邮件到 CCC20091201 @sina.com 来通知我。
4. The main responsibilities of the advisor include...
5. If you are interested, please call Li Hua at 13011223344 for an interview.
假设你是李华，你的美国笔友 Peter 表示希望来中国教书。你校现在需招聘外教，请给他写封信，告知招聘信息。内容主要包括：
3. 工作量：每周 12 学时，任选三门课，担任学生英语俱乐部或英语校报顾问 (advisor)。
I remember you told me you were interested teaching in china. Now, here is some good news that I hope will appeal to you.
You see, our school is looking for a native speaker of English to teach some courses to the senior high school students, who have at least three years of English learning experiences. The courses include speaking, writing, Britain Today and America Today, from which you are expected to choose three to teach. Once you are employed, you are expected to work 12 hours a week. Besides teaching you also have to work as an advisor to our Students' English Club or our school's English newspaper.
If you are interested in the job information, please reply to me as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I'm always ready to help you with questions you might come up with.
1. As high school students, it's our duty to tell everyone around us to save water.
2. Let's start right now and spare no effort to do a little every day, every hour and every minute.
假如你是育才中学学生会主席李华，针对目前一些地方血库纷纷告急的情况，请参照以下提示，用英文写一份倡议书，提倡无偿献血 (donate blood for free)
Boys and girls,
Recently some blood banks across the country are reported to be in short supply of blood.
Some people hold the wrong idea that donating blood does harm to the donor's health. But the truth is that when a small amount of blood is taken out, the body will make a quick adjustment to work normally.
As we know, donating blood is of great importance. Blood is important to patients, without which many can't survive. Among young people like us, donating blood is a social responsibility.
We senior high school students, who have a better understanding of medical knowledge, should set a good example for other people. From now on, our school will hold a series of activities to explain the benefits of donating blood.
Donate now and save a life!
The Students' Union
1. Since you were out, I have to leave this note to you.
2. I am sorry that I can't attend the party to be held this Friday at your apartment.
3. I wonder if it is possible for the talk to be recorded.
假定你是李华，正在英国接受英语培训，住在一户英国人家里。今天你的房东Mrs.Wilson 不在家，你准备外出，请给Mrs. Wilson写一留言条，内容包括：
3. Tracy 来电话留言:
1 ）咖啡屋（Bolton Coffee）见面取消
2 ）此事己告知 Susan
I'm going out shopping and won't be back until about 5:00 pm. I have taken with me the two books you asked me to return to the City Library. At about 1 o'clock this afternoon, Tracy called, saying that she couldn't meet you at Bolton Coffee tomorrow morning as she had something important to attend to. She felt very sorry about that, but said that you could set some other time for the meeting. She wanted you to call her back as soon as you are home. She has already told Susan about this change.